Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Slice of Life Classroom Challenge - Memoirs - Post 4


We are participating in a modified way in the Two Writing Teachers' Classroom Challenge.  Since my students don't have individual blogs, they are writing a slice every day in their writer's notebooks.  Several times a week I will select a few to post here, on our classroom blog, to link up with other classroom slicers.  We are writing memoirs this month, so many students are writing about memories.  I gave them a choice, though, so some slices are about other topics.  We'd love for you to comment on any or all the slices I scanned and posted.  I hope you can read them okay. I'm slicing, too, right along with my students, on my own blog:  http://hollymueller.blogspot.com/
 
I've started reading Twelve Kinds of Ice aloud, and we're practicing identifying figurative language and sensory details so we can put it into our own memoirs and Slices of Life.  The memoir writing continues.  Enjoy!
 

                I accidentally cut off a line here.  It reads:  really little.  He is just like



 
We'd love to hear your comments!
 

1 comment:

  1. These are great. I like the way you are making blogging work even though you don't all have your own blogs. Some of my favorites: Just me and the whispering grass, -butterfly kisses, - crackle, sputter, choke, heave, - a "driveway game", - a flock of 20 or so bunnies milled about outside...(Any town with an ice cream parlor is a good town.)

    ReplyDelete