Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

MOCK NEWBERY CLUB 2014 POST #4 and MEETING DATE!

Hi everyone!  I've PICKED A DATE for our first official Mock Newbery 2014 Club meeting!!

DATE:  Thursday, June 27th
TIME:  Noon - 1:00
PLACE:  Outdoor Gazebo behind the Lebanon Public Library
WHAT TO BRING:  Books to share, Mock Newbery booklet with reviews to share, BAGGED LUNCH and drink. 

Parents - you are completely welcome to stay and chat with us.  You may also drop your kids off  and pick them up at 1:00.

BAD WEATHER make-up date:  Friday, June 28th, same details.  I will let you know by e-mail the day before if we postpone it due to bad weather.

Yay!  I'm so excited to talk about books with you and hear about your summer so far!  Here are some more books I've been hearing about:

For all you Wendy Mass fans!  This came out YESTERDAY!
Pi in the Sky
The first 7 chapters are being offered for free on Kindle right now.  Also, Mark Turetsky, one of the narrators in one of my all-time favorite audio books, The Strange Case of Origami Yoda, is narrating Pi in the Sky for the audio book (he narrated The Candymakers, too)!  Here's is a cool blog post and video by him about it:
Click on Link
 
 
 
Also interesting news for Wendy Mass fans - The Candymakers book is being made into a movie!
 
Platypus Police Squad: The Frog Who Croaked
 
 
I love Jarrett J. Krosoczka (author of the graphic novel series, Lunch Lady) - he's just a great guy (I met him at the Dublin Lit Conference in Feb.) and so creative!
 
 Aces Wild
(Companion to When Life Gives You O.J.)

All My Noble Dreams and Then What Happens
(Companion to Small Acts of Amazing Courage)

Let me know if you can attend on the 27th so I have some idea of how many are coming!  Can't wait to see you! :-)
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hey mrs.mueller I am still posting on my blog do not forget to post a comment plz!

    I still am reading your blog and stuff.

    I am reading the third Harry Potter book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carter,
      What is the web address of your blog again?

      Delete
  2. I am Fire101112@gmail.com (this is Carter)

    ReplyDelete