Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Book Trailer Friday!

I promised you some book trailers to get you excited about some of the books I have in my classroom library, and since I don't have time to show them to you during class, you can visit here to see them.  I'm going to try to give you time every Friday to take a look and then grab a book from my library!!!  I have a lot of AWESOME books!  I'm going to focus on nonfiction historical fiction since that's what we're reading.

COUNTDOWN is by one  of my favorite authors, Deborah Wiles, and since we're reading about the 1950s and 1960s and the Civil Rights Movement, I thought you might be interested in reading about other things that were going on during the 1960s like the Cuban Missile Crisis.



I loved this book!  It takes place in 1918. It won the Newbery in 2011.  I just read Clare Vanderpool's newest book, Navigating Early, and I'll be getting that for my library, too.  I loved it, too.



This is actually the second May Amelia book, but it can stand on its own.  I also have the original, Our Only May Amelia.  It just doesn't have an official book trailer.  You'll love May Amelia!


Wednesday Wars and Okay for Now are two of my favorite historical fiction novels, both set in the 1960s, the time of the Vietnam War and Apollo space missions.



I LOVED Wonderstruck and The Invention of Hugo Cabret!





I'm really excited about this book, Courage Has No Color.  I should be getting it in the mail any day now.  When I do, it will be available for you to read!



A memoir by Jon Scieska, author of lots of favorite kids' books.  Look at his website: http://jsworldwide.com/



This is an awesome book about Amelia Earhart that reads like a novel!

See anything you liked and what to read?  SEE ME and I will lend it to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment