Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Mock Newbery 2014 Club Summer #1 Meeting

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book Club at the Cincinnati Zoo

    The One and Only Ivan

What a great day we had at the zoo, right?!  Here are some pictures taken at the entrance while we waited on everyone to gather:





 
Elephant Encounter:

 

 
Feeding the giraffes:



 
The baby!  Wasn't she cute!
 
 


 
The Gorilla Encounter:
 





Me-balls anyone?


This reminds me of when Julia and Ivan press their hands together on the glass of his cage - one of my favorite moments in the book.


Doesn't he look like Ivan?


Gladys, the baby gorilla at the zoo, isn't able to be shown to the public yet, but here is an adorable picture of her:


We took group pictures of the people who were left - unfortunately we didn't get everyone since some people had to leave early.


On my way out, a peacock graced me with a goodbye show in the tulips that was spectacular!




What a wonderful day!  How lucky am I that I get to spend the next two years with you!!??

Adam's zoo animals:
 
He inspired me to buy my own to remind me of a fantastic day!


Thank you, Ivan, Stella, Ruby, Julia, and Bob for inspiring us to be kind and devoted friends!
 
Tell me what YOU thought of the day!





5 comments:

  1. Love that picture of Gladys...she is so adorable!! Thanks for planning such a fun trip Mrs. Mueller!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos!The only thing I don't like is the photo with me and my stuffed animals,the sun made my eyes go wack-a-doodle-doo!Curse you sunlight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for putting together the book club trip to the zoo. It was such a great day. Annie,Blake, and I had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for putting together the trip to the zoo to wrap up the reading of THE ONE AND ONLY IVAN. Annie, Blake, and I had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the best day ever;I had the greatest time!

    ReplyDelete